Thank you for the interest you have shown for the Douglas Institute.
If you are a health professional who would like to join the Douglas team, but received your diploma outside of Quebec, the following is some information that can be useful to you.
Condition of hiring
In Quebec, certain professions are governed by professional orders. Although the procedures may vary depending on your profession, your professional membership is mandatory in order to work at the Douglas Institute.
Please also note that interdisciplinary teams at the Douglas Institute provide clinical services to all age groups in both French and English. Our professionals must therefore be bilingual in order to establish a therapeutic relationship with clients.
Procedures to follow
- Depending on your occupation, take the necessary steps to establish links with your professional order and begin the necessary process
- Enter your profile in the spontaneous application page and send us your resume. Note:
- The selection process of the Douglas Institute may include a written evaluation, an assessment of your language knowledge (French and English, oral and written) and a selection interview
- If you are selected and following a confirmation of employment, you can begin the process of obtaining permanent residency or a temporary permit to work in Canada.
- A process to recognize your diploma in Quebec may also be required
Useful addresses to help you in your quest
- Office des Professions du Québec
Consult the descriptive portfolio and list of the Professional Orders of Quebec
- Minister of Health and Social Services of Quebec
- Minister of immigration and cultural communities
Information concerning work permits and immigration to Quebec
- Human Resources and Skills Development Canada
Informations concerning permanent residency and work permits in Canada
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Consult the list of Canadian embassies in the world