The Douglas Mental Health University Institute invites the media to attend the announcement of a very significant corporate donation that will lead to improved facilities and expanded recruitment and research activities for its brain bank. The Douglas Institute Brain Bank is unique in Canada and one of a select few worldwide.
When: Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Time: 10:30 A.M.
Where: Douglas Hall, William E. Stavert amphitheater, 6875 LaSalle Boulevard, Montreal, QC
Visual: The media will have the opportunity to take visuals during a tour of the brain bank in the company of our VIP guests.
Present and available for interviews:
- Jane Lalonde, President and Chief Operating Officer, Douglas Institute Foundation;
- Lynne McVey, RN, M.Sc., Executive Director, Douglas Mental Health University Institute;
- Gustavo Turecki, MD, PhD, Director of the McGill Group for Suicide Studies;
- Naguib Mechawar, Director of the Douglas Brain Bank;
- Manon-Lucie Sirois and Jean-Pierre Lepage, who completed the brain bank donation form to help with future mental health research;
- Representatives from our corporate donor.
Douglas Mental Health University Institute:
Marie france Coutu
Cel.: 514 835-3236
Cel.: 514 799-2567