The Program for Dementia with Psychiatric Comorbidity (PDCP) provides superspecialized care to people of all ages who have mild to severe cognitive impairments combined with psychiatric or behavioural disorders.
The program is composed of:
- a memory clinic
- a therapeutic day centre
- an inpatient unit
Moe Levin Memory Clinic
The Moe Levin Memory Clinic provides outpatient assessment services for adults of all ages with different degrees of memory loss, which may be accompanied by dementia-related symptoms such as depression, anxiety, delusions, hallucinations or behaviour that poses difficulty for caregivers. However, the primary symptom of patients must be cognitive impairment.
- Identifies the causes of the cognitive impairment and evaluates the stage of progression
- Offers psychoeducation to patients and their families about the disease progression and treatment provided
- Acts as a liaison with family doctors and any other community-based service
- Provides any necessary follow-up
Admission requires a referral from a physician, preferably a family doctor.
Program hours: Monday to Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (closed between 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.
Phone: 514-761-6131, ext. 2502
Moe Levin Therapeutic Day Centre
The Moe Levin Therapeutic Day Centre serves people with mild to moderate cognitive deficits in order to maximize their cognitive and social skills and delay placement.
It also offers:
- A therapeutic environment for people living with cognitive deficits and dementia-related symptoms
- A variety of therapeutic activities (such as Tai-Chi, relaxation, exercises, Nintendo Wii, zoo therapy, group therapy, and computer-based cognitive stimulation)
- Knowledge transfer to help families develop strategies to adapt to the disease and possible dementia-related symptoms
- Continuous communication, which is promoted among the different people involved (case managers and families)
Admission: The person must be followed by the Memory Clinic team.
Opening hours: Monday to Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (program: 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.)
Phone: 514-761-6131, ext. 2202
Fax: 514 888-4451
Download the PDF brochure
Moe Levin Unit
The Moe Levin Unit team offers clinical services to people of all ages who experience various levels of cognitive impairment accompanied by dementia-related symptoms such as depression, anxiety, delusions, hallucinations or difficult behaviour.
- The unit develops and implements new care approaches and therapies for people living with dementia.
- The team also provides information and support for families (individually or in groups) as well as consultation services for community organizations.
- The unit has 18 beds.
Admission requires a referral from a health professional with a medical consultation.
Visiting hours: Monday to Friday: 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Phone: 514-761-6131, ext. 2177 or 2179
Program for Dementia with Psychiatric Comorbidity
CPC Pavilion, Moe Levin Centre, 1st floor
6875 LaSalle Boulevard
Montreal, Quebec H4H 1R3